Friday, May 21, 2010

Random Thoughts 5/21/10: Suge Knight, Drake, Eminem

Yo music heads. Happy Friday! I hope y'all are bumpin' that new Lil Jon on the way to the club later tonight ready to get outta your mind!!! Typically I would be, but I did it a little too big last night for thirsty Thursday. So instead I'm going to keep a night in, recover, and maybe do a little blogging perhaps? Sounds good to me. What kinda music do all you music heads bump when you're getting ready before the party, on the way to the party, at the party, at the club, etc etc? COMMENT and let me know! I wanna know what gets the party started for everyone! Since I'm a little hungover and don't feel like properly articulating my ideas, here's some random thoughts for the weekend...


Honestly...Suge Knight facing jail time again is NOT news. The man hasn't been relevant ever since 'Pac died and won't ever be. Although, I can see why he's become a media chuckle. Simply put, finding out the trouble that follows this man no matter where he goes and seeing him down and out broke no matter his various attempts to make it back in the music industry is slightly entertaining. What really won me over is the news of him getting KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT outside of an L.A. club. Ya, nevermind, I retract my statement...Suge Knight is one funny ass bastard. Ride it while you can homeboy!


Is it just me, or is Drake the most awkward, ugly, and funny looking dude in rap right now? I hope it's not just me...but his facial expressions, especially his attempted blue steel on the latest cover of billboard. He may be the most over-hyped rapper in history in my opinion, but he does have some serious rhymes to back it up. However, I can see him getting old pretty quick. Props to him though for turning a not very lucrative career in child television acting into a very successful rap career even without a single album out! In the words of my buddy Schilla, "Aubrey Graham is the truth!"


Whose heard Eminem's latest single "Not Afraid"? I dunno, got mixed feelings about this one. It's decent, its inspiring, it has good lyrics, but honestly...this is the hottest you can come out right before your album comes out Em? Especially the simple fruity loops sounding beat produced by Boi-1da (known for Drake hits such as "Forever" which Em was also on). I know things gotta switch up and you can't drop a comedy single as a lead single for an album every time, but a lot of people were left scratching their head after Relapse came out and I don't necessarily imagine Recovery being a whole lot different if this is the hottest lead off single Eminem can come up with. I think he should stick to Dr. Dre or self produced beats and continue following the formula that made him who he was. I hope this isn't the end for Slim Shady.


...and that's it for my random thoughts for now. More to come later. Hope everyone has a very crunk Friday and good stories tomorrow morning! Peace and stay safe. Cheers!

~Dr. M

No comments:

Post a Comment