Monday, May 31, 2010

#MusicMonday: The 25 Most Ridiculous Band Names

Happy #musicmonday out there to everyone out there on twitter and all the music heads around the world. What are you bumping out there in cyberspace? Leave a comment and let me know! Or hit me up on twitter @markymark925. Anyway, in true #musicmonday fashion, let's see whats up with another list. As I was writing last week's article on the 5 biggest douchebags of rock, Fred Durst ran into that list and it made me think of Limp Bizkit and how stupid that name was for a band. Honestly...Limp Bizkit. Let's take a second to think about that and how ridiculous it sounds even letting it roll off of your tongue. Then again, I couldn't expect much more from the brilliant mind of Fred Durst. But reflecting on how dumb that band name was made me think of the other stupid band names that exist out there in the world of rock. I ran along some of my iTunes bands and wanted to come up with a list of 10 that I thought were the worst. However, I stumbled upon a good read when I googled band names in my pursuit of writing my list. This definitely put whatever list I was going to come up with to shame, increasing the list from 10 to 25 and including explanations and history to each band name. This is a funny read and I pretty much agree with the results. Take a minute and check it out HERE.

Ones I especially despise:
Limp Bizkit
Sum 41
Def Leppard
Stone Temple Pilots
Panic! At The Disco

A few missing from the list:
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Led Zeppelin
Strawberry Alarm Clock (*This one especially takes the cake)

What else do you music heads think? Anything Cracked.com or myself missed? Let's hope bands in the future don't do anything this dumb or at least pull the Zeppelin route and back up their ridiculous name with some amazing music. Rock on!

~Dr. M

No comments:

Post a Comment